These delicious keto approved Philly Steak Stuffed Peppers are sure to be a hit with the whole family! Serve over a bed of sauteed yellow squash and grape tomatoes for the perfect flavor combination!
Keto is not really a diet, it is more of a lifestyle change. One of my favorite things in the world is a good Philly Cheese steak (they have the best in Philly!), and this stuffed pepper recipe is a really close alternative — that tastes amazing!
- 20 oz shaved sirloin steak
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 yellow onion
- 4 oz Provolone cheese
- 3 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 yellow squash
- 8 oz grape tomatoes
- 1.5 tbsp butter
- onion powder
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Cut bell peppers in half and remove seed pod and stems.
- Place peppers on a lightly oiled baking sheet, cut sides down. Lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Bake bell peppers in over for 8 to 10 minutes or until a little tender.
- Cut yellow squash in to quarter moon slices, discarding the ends.
- Halve grape tomatoes.
- Dice yellow onion.
- Cook shaved sirloin steak over medium-high heat, seasoning with salt and pepper and stirring occasionally.
- Stir in Djon mustard and about 2.5 tablespoons over water. Stir until evenly coated.
- Fill pepper halves with steak and top with Provolone cheese.
- Bake for 4 to 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Add squash, yellow onion, and about 1 tablespoon of cooking oil to pan. Season with paprika, onion powder, salt, and pepper – stirring to coat.
- Add tomatoes once squash is tender. Cook for approximately 1-2 more minutes, until tomatoes are heated.
- Remove from heat and add butter. Stirring until fully melted.
- Put sauteed veggie mix on plates and place the philly stuffed pepper on top – and enjoy!
If you are looking for another keto approved stuffed peppers recipe, I have chicken one that is to die for!