After seeing the fist trailer for The House With A Clock in Its Walls my daughters REALLY wanted to see it. My youngest is 5 years old so I just wasn’t sure if it was going to be too much for her. Even some parts of the trailer spooked her a little. The after the second trailer came out I decided for sure we would wait until the home release. My 7 year old was a little upset about this, but agreed. So imagine how excited we were when an advance copy of the blu-ray showed up at our door!
Too Intense For Little Ones?
We watched it that night, and it made me glad we waited to see it at home. My 5 year old (who turns 6 very soon) was out pretty quickly. She enjoyed some parts but then became a little nervous. I should say that even Hocus Pocus, which she says is one of her favorite movies, has parts that make her uneasy. On the other hand, myself, my husband, and my 7 year old loved it. After about 45 minutes, my youngest went to her room to play and we finished the film.
About The House With A Clock in Its Walls
In the tradition of Amblin classics where fantastical events occur in the most unexpected places, Jack Black and two-time Academy Award® winner Cate Blanchett star in The House with a Clock in Its Walls, from Amblin Entertainment. The magical adventure tells the spine-tingling tale of 10-year-old Lewis (Owen Vaccaro) who goes to live with his uncle in a creaky old house with a mysterious tick-tocking heart. But his new town’s sleepy façade jolts to life with a secret world of warlocks and witches when Lewis accidentally awakens the dead.
- Warlocks and Witches – Go behind the scenes with the enchanting cast of The House with a Clock in Its Walls
- Finding Lewis
- Jack’s Magical Journey
- The Great Cate
- The Terrifying Isaac Izard
- Movie Magic
- The Ultimate Haunted House – Join filmmakers for a guided tour through the incredible houseat the center of the film
- Automatons Attack – A behind-the-scenes look at the mechanical horrors involved in this chilling sequence
- Pumpkin Puke – Behind the scenes with the cast and an army of spooky, snarling, vomiting pumpkins
- Moving Pieces – Filmmakers and cast discuss the amazing clock room set
- Baby Jack – A behind-the-scenes look at the creepy Baby Jack sequence
- Tick Tock: Bringing the Book to Life – Filmmakers discuss how they adapted the book for the big screen
- Eli Roth: Director’s Journals – Director Eli Roth takes viewers behind the scenes
- Owen Goes Behind the Scenes – Armed with his own camera, Owen guides viewers on his own journey behind-the-scenes of the movie
- Around the Set
- Behind the Camera
- The Big Interview
- Downtime on Set
- Theme Song Challenge – Eli Roth and the cast are challenged to come up with a theme song for the film
- Do You Know Jack Black? – The cast compete with each other to see who knows Jack Black the best
- Abracadabra! – Eli Roth performs a magic trick for Owen Vaccaro
- Jack Black’s Greatest Fear – Eli Roth and Owen Vaccaro play a prank on Jack Black
- The Mighty Wurlitzer – Composer Nathan Barr discusses how he created the film’s unique and distinct score
Enter to win a copy of The House With A Clock In It’s Walls on blu-ray using the Gleam form below! Be sure to check out my other giveaways while you are here and GOOD LUCK!