This post contains affiliate links.
Pixar Fest is finally here! That’s right – Pixar Fest opens TODAY at Disneyland Resort. I recently visited Pixar Animation Studios to learn all about Incredibles 2 (so much more coming on that) and while there, I got to chat with the Disney Parks Pixar team. Of course Pixar Fest was the main topic of conversation and let us in on all the details. We also talked about Pixar heading to all the Disney Parks around the world. Personally, I am hoping for more Coco presence in Mexico at Epcot! Pixar Fest runs from today, April 13th, to September 3rd. If you are heading out to California to partake in the fun, here are some don’t miss activities (and food!).
10 Must Eat Pixar Fest Foods
Let’s face it – one of the best things about Disney is the food! And get ready because Pixar Fest is bringing all sorts of delicious treats our way. Of course, these are all Pixar themed and look amazing. I seriously need to find a way out there so that I can try all of them – ALL OF THEM! We asked the Pixar team which food was a must eat and the answer was not what I was expecting – the Fried Bologna Sandwich (called the Carl – after the character in Up). They all agreed it was surprisingly one of their favorites! Personally, I want to try the Alien Macarons, since macarons are one of my favorite desserts!
— Mama's Geeky – Tessa Smith (@MamasGeeky) April 13, 2018
10 Can’t Miss Pixar Fest Experiences
Besides all of the amazing looking (and I am sure tasting) food – Pixar Fest has so much more to offer! From incredible (no pun intended) fireworks, to new Incredibles floats in the Paint the Night parade – the Pixar Parks team has thought of it all. My family loves fireworks so the Together Forever Fireworks is something I really wish we could go experience together. We were told that not only will scenes be projected on Sleeping Beauty Castle and It’s A Small World, but they will also be on the Fantasmic Screen. We were assured that, true to everything Pixar does, these fireworks will have an emotional story arc, so be prepared to tear up!
- “Together Forever – A Pixar Nighttime Spectacular” from multiple Disneyland Park locations: This new multimedia fireworks show immerses guests into a story of friendship featuring your favorite Pixar characters.
- “Paint the Night” parade: The nighttime parade with more than 1 million brilliant lights returns, this time making its way through Disney California Adventure.
- “Pixar Play Parade”: This interactive, daytime parade gets even more playful with three new story elements featuring the iconic Pixar Lamp and Ball from the original Pixar short, “Luxo Jr.,” and characters from “Up,” and “Inside Out.”
- Pixar attractions at Disneyland and Disney California Adventure: Guests at the Disneyland Resort now enjoy more than a dozen experiences that immerse them in the worlds of some favorite Pixar stories.
- Disneyland Monorail: During Pixar Fest, the monorail fleet gets a new look with characters from “The Incredibles” and “Finding Nemo.”
- Pixar delights in Downtown Disney: Pixar fun expands to Downtown Disney with colorful Pixar-inspired topiaries in six different locations, plus a variety of Pixar-themed treats at Marceline’s Confectionery.
- Meet Pixar pals: Guests may meet some of their favorite Pixar pals at Paradise Gardens in Disney California Adventure, such as Buzz Lightyear and Woody, Russell and Dug, Flik and Atta, Mike and Sulley, and Mr. and Mrs. Incredible.
- Live Pixar musical performances: Disneyland Resort musicians also celebrate the theme of friendship with renditions of “You’ve Got a Friend in Me” from “Toy Story” in both parks. In Disney California Adventure, a zany, new seven-piece band, TripleDent Gum presents The Pixarmonic Orchestra, performs a fun-filled repertoire of songs from Pixar films.
- Draw favorite Pixar characters at Animation Academy: In Disney California Adventure, guests will learn to draw their favorite Pixar characters such as Sulley, Dug, Edna Mode, Jack-Jack, Bing Bong and more with the artists at Animation Academy.
- New Pixar Souvenirs: Guests may celebrate their own friendships with Pixar-themed friendship items, such as the “Finding Nemo” and “Finding Dory” souvenir light-up sippers and Pixar Fest friendship bracelets, available at Disneyland and Disney California Adventure.
Pixar Fest runs from April 13th to September 3rd, so you have plenty of time to book your vacation. Every Pixar fan needs to experience this!
More Pixar Presence
Pixar Fest is sure to be amazing – but there is so much more Pixar coming to the parks. Personally, I am super excited about Toy Story Land opening in Hollywood Studios on June 30th. You might already know this, but we are Disney Vacation Club members. Our next vacation to Walt Disney World is at the end of August and I can’t wait to ride the Slinky Dog Roller Coaster! Tokyo Disney Resort recently opened their Nemo & Friends SeaRider, which looks like so much fun! I expect to see a lot more Pixar presence in the Disney Parks around the world in the future – and I can’t wait!
— Mama's Geeky – Tessa Smith (@MamasGeeky) April 4, 2018
Incredibles 2 – In Theaters Soon!
As you probably know, the next Pixar movie to hit theaters is Incredibles 2. I was recently at Pixar Animation Studios getting the details on this movie (stay tuned for lots of information!) and I promise you it is going to be a hit! In this movie, Elastigirl springs into action to save the day, while Mr. Incredible faces his greatest challenge yet – taking care of the problems of his three children. Get ready for the Incredibles to return to the big screen – and to exceed all of your expectations this June!
Incredibles 2 flies in to theaters 6/15!
Like INCREDIBLES 2 on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PixarTheIncredibles/
Follow INCREDIBLES 2 on Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheIncredibles
Follow INCREDIBLES 2 on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/theincredibles/
Visit the official INCREDIBLES 2 website here: http://disney.com/incredibles2
The opinions expressed here are that of Mama’s Geeky only. While the products in this post were given complimentary (unless otherwise stated) for me to review, that does not alter my opinion of the product(s) mentioned. This post may contain sponsored links and affiliate links.