I love banana bread – but my husband doesn’t. So I purposely buy extra bananas knowing that the only solution will be to back up some bread for my daughters and I! They are huge fans of it too and it usually does not last long in our home. I love the smell that it fills the house with as well. This is a recipe that I got from my grandmother. Yum!
- 3-4 very ripe bananas, peeled
- 1.3 cup melted butter
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- Preheat over to 350 degrees. Butter/spray loaf pan.
- Mash bananas in bowl until smooth.
- Stir in melted butter.
- Mix in salt, baking soda, egg (beaten), sugar, and vanilla extract. Stir until smooth.
- Mix in flour.
- Pour batter in to loaf pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour (I do 45 in my convection oven).
- Let cool completely.
- Slice, serve, and enjoy!
Have a recipe you would like to share? Link it up below!
‘); // ]]>
You Might Also Enjoy...
Tessa Smith is a Rotten Tomatoes Tomatometer-approved Film and TV Critic. She is also a Freelance Writer. Tessa has been in the Entertainment writing business for almost ten years and is a member of several Critics Associations including the Hollywood Critics Association and the Greater Western New York Film Critics Association.