Mac and cheese is my youngest FAVORITE meal, and while I love the boxed version, I make a pretty delicious version that is just as easy. And bonus — my daughters both ask for it quite often. My oldest even says she likes it more than the boxed stuff (and that is impressive – trust me). This baked mac and cheese recipe is something that everyone will love!
- 1 lb box of elbows pasta
- 1 to 1 1/2 sleeves of crackers (I use Ritz)
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 ½ stick of butter
- 1 can of pre-made cheddar cheese sauce
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cook pasta as directed on box.
3. While pasta is cooking melt ½ stick of butter in a medium sauce pan.
4. Once butter is melted, take off heat.
5. Crumble in crackers and stir until they are soaked in butter.
7. Stir in canned pre-made cheese sauce or make your own cheese sauce.
8. Pour pasta and cheese in to a 8×12 oven safe pan.
9. Sprinkle some shredded cheddar cheese over the top of the pasta.
10. Spread cracker mixture over the top of the pasta.
11. Bake for 25 minutes. Cool and serve.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
If you are looking for another meatless recipe, check out these lasagna rolls.
You Might Also Enjoy...
Tessa Smith is a Rotten Tomatoes Tomatometer-approved Film and TV Critic. She is also a Freelance Writer. Tessa has been in the Entertainment writing business for almost ten years and is a member of several Critics Associations including the Hollywood Critics Association and the Greater Western New York Film Critics Association.