As you probably know by now, I have two young daughters. About a year ago, my husband and I decided it was time to get healthy. We wanted to be around for our daughters long into their lives. We cut out a lot of sweets and bad-for-you foods foods, and focused on healthy eating in our home. Because of this, we often purchase DOLE® fruits – which my girls love. They especially enjoy often seeing their favorite characters featured on the packaging (and yes, they keep those stickers as long as they can). This summer, DOLE® is celebrating an INCREDIBLE summer – “Powering The Hero Within” featuring Disney•Pixar’s Incredibles 2, a movie we can’t wait to see! I am an official ambassador for Dole Fresh. Dole provided me with compensation for my time. All opinions expressed in this post are mine.
I always look forward to these collaborations between Disney and DOLE® because of the delicious themed recipes. These Incredibles 2-themed recipes happen to come at the perfect time because my daughter turns 7 this month and wants an Incredibles-themed birthday party. Now I don’t need to search the internet for hours to decide what to serve her friends, I just checked out the DOLE® website and made my grocery list. This is the latest chapter in Dole’s yearlong “Powering the Hero Within” (#DoleHero and #DoleFamily) initiative. This summer adds a 15-week healthy-eating collaboration with Incredibles 2 featuring breakfast, entrée, snack, and drink recipes. DOLE® will also feature useful healthy eating tips with colorful character images on millions of DOLE® Bananas and Pineapples in U.S and Canadian supermarkets continentwide.
My Favorite Recipes
These are the recipes that I chose to make for my daughter’s birthday party, but there are so many others that you can check out here.
Orange Super Smoothie
Be a healthy hero with this quick and tasty smoothie –it’s a ‘super’ way to start the day!
- 2 ripe, medium DOLE® Bananas
- 2 medium oranges
- 8 ounces lowfat Greek yogurt
- Dash of ground cinnamon and nutmeg
- Peel bananas; slice into blender container or food processor.
- Peel oranges; cut into chunks.
- Add to blender with yogurt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Cover and blend until smooth.
Salad Power Wowser
A delicious sweet and savory salad that’s ready in minutes to “power up” the family. Makes 8 servings.
- 2 cups Farro (cook to packet instructions)
- 1 cup DOLE® Pineapple peeled and cut in cubes
- 1 cup DOLE® Strawberries, hauled and cut into quarters
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped basil
- ½ cup goat’s cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped mint
- Place the cubed pineapple and strawberries in a small bowl, pour over the balsamic vinegar and honey, stir to coat. Allow to macerate for at least 15 minutes.
- To assemble, take a large salad bowl, spoon in the cold Farro stir in the chopped herbs, oil, and cheese, scatter over the pineapple and strawberries, (season to taste with salt and pepper, if needed) and serve.
Summer Super Slaw
Start your summer strong with this simple twist on a classic coleslaw salad Makes 8 servings.
- 1 cup cooked bulgur
- 1 pkt DOLE® Classic Slaw kit (try new slaw kit)
- 4 cups red or yellow cherry tomatoes cut into halves
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh mint
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Toss bulgur, DOLE® Classic Slaw kit, tomatoes, mint, parsley, oil, lemon juice, and pepper flakes in a large salad bowl to combine (season to taste with salt and pepper if needed) and serve.
Pineapple Frozen Fireworks
Start summertime with a bang by enjoying these tasty pineapple popsicles. Makes 13 servings.
- 2 cups DOLE® Pineapple, peeled and flesh cut into cubes
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 8oz silken tofu
- 1 lime (juiced)
- 1/2 cup honey
- Place all the ingredients into a blender, and blend until smooth.
- Pour into ice pop molds and freeze until solid, then serve.
- Can also be made with DOLE® Strawberries or DOLE® Raspberries.
Give Back Too!
The new site even allows visitors to give back by loading and sharing photos depicting their families’ idea of healthy eating. For each photo uploaded between May 24 and Sept.,15, 2018, Dole has committed to make a $2 donation to Action for Healthy Kids to support the national nonprofit organization’s work to build healthier families, communities and schools. Under the organization’s motto “Every kid healthy, active, and ready to learn,” Dole and Action for Healthy Kids hope to inspire people to become a hero for those around them.
Disney•Pixar’s Incredibles 2 is in theaters now!
*Official link: https://movies.disney.com/incredibles-2
Enter to win an Incredibles 2 family figurine set from Jakks Pacific and a family four pack of Increidbles 2 movie tickets using the Gleam form below. Be sure to check out my other giveaways while you are here and GOOD LUCK!
Official Rules: By using this entry form, you are agreeing to the rules of the sweepstakes. Sweepstakes is open to U.S. residents ages 18+, from June 20 – June 27 2018 (one week). Winner will be announced on June 28th and will be notified via email. To enter – use the entry form below and the winner will be chosen at random. Official prize includes: One (1) Incredibles 2 family figurine set from Jakks Pacific and One (1) family four pack of movie tickets. Prize will be shipped directly to sender within 2 weeks of contest end date. No purchase necessary to enter or win. A purchase does not improve your chances of winning. Void where prohibited by law.
This giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with The Walt Disney Company or its affiliates. Dole and Jakks Pacific are the sole sponsors of these prizes, however the giveaway is solely owned, administered, solicited and operated by me.