A Babysitter’s Guide To Monster Hunting is now available to watch on Netflix and earlier this week my daughters and I got to interview the cast!
A Babysitter’s Guide To Monster Hunting is a new Netflix movie that is actually based on a book series. So already we have our fingers crossed that we will get some more of these movies! This one is action packed, a great introduction to the characters, and there are even some spooky moments — making it perfect for Halloween!
Earlier this week my daughters and I were lucky enough to sit down and chat with a lot of the cast about this amazing movie. Read on to learn some fun facts about filming, what it was like working with Draco Malfoy (I mean Tom Felton), and even what their biggest fears are!
Be sure to check out my review for A Babysitter’s Guide To Monster Hunting
and the best A Babysitter’s Guide To Monster Hunting quotes!
During our A Babysitter’s Guide To Monster Hunting interview we were able to chat with all five of the babysitters:
- Tamara Smart (‘Kelly Ferguson’)
- Oona Laurence (‘Liz Lerue’)
- Troy Leigh-Anne Johnson (‘Berna Vincent’)
- Lynn Masako Cheng (‘Cassie Zhen’)
- Ty Consiglio (‘Curtis Critter’)
Each and every one of them were super sweet and it was obvious, they were happy to be there to talk to us! My girls were over the moon because we had just watched the movie the night before — and then again that morning. Yes, it is that good!
Above is a video of the questions that we got to ask the cast, but there was so much more that we learned during the interview! Here are some of my favorite things that we learned.
What Kind Of Monster Would They Be
- Lynn Masako Cheng would be a shapeshifter or a chameleon so she could blend into any background. Then she could be invisible and observe things without anyone knowing she is there!
- Oona Laurence would want to be any monster that would allow her to fly! She thinks that would be the coolest thing ever.
- Tamara Smart would want to be a mix of Ant-Man and Elastigirl — that was she could shrink and be big! She could be flexible but also fit through a keyhole.
- Troy Leigh-Anne Johnson would want to be a vampire! She says it would be so much fun (and I agree!).
Their Biggest Fears (And Overcoming Them)
- Tamara Smart told us not to laugh when she let us know she is working on overcoming her deathly fear of ducks. She said even talking about them gives her the heebie jeebies!
- Lynn Masako Cheng used to be super shy (and hate people — she added). Talking to her I would never have known that! She is so extraverted and bubbly!
- Oona Laurence used to be afraid of the spider creatures from movie Don’t Be Afraid Of The Dark. She was afraid to go to the bathroom alone because she thought one would come out of the vents. However, she is over that fear now.
- Troy Leigh-Anne Johnson let us know that she is working on overcoming being so shy. She is trying to come out of her shell more.
Fun Facts From Filming
- Ty Consiglio would hide behind trailers and jump out at them while they were walking to set.
- The toadies were actually silicone props that were about three feet tall.
- Oona Laurence and Tom Felton had a hand game they played together that would get them both pumped up to film their scenes.
- For Halloween while filming, the cast all dressed up and went bowling together.
- Ty Consiglio totally fangirled over meeting Tom Felton!
- Tamara Smart bought Tom Felton’s dog Willow a shark Halloween costume!
About A Babysitter’s Guide To Monster Hunting
When high school freshman Kelly Ferguson (Tamara Smart) reluctantly agrees to babysit Jacob Zellman (Ian Ho) on Halloween, the last thing she expects is to be recruited into an international secret society of babysitters who protect kids with special powers from monsters. In order to keep Jacob safe from harm, Kelly teams with no-nonsense chapter Vice President Liz Lerue (Oona Laurence), tech genius Berna Vincent (Troy Leigh-Anne Johnson), creature expert Cassie Zhen (Lynn Masako Cheng) and potions master Curtis Critter (Ty Consiglio) to defeat a Boogeyman known as “The Grand Guignol” (Tom Felton), a glamorous witch named “Peggy Drood” (Indya Moore) and their legion of mysterious monsters.
Based on the first installment of Joe Ballarini’s popular scary book series of the same name, A Babysitter’s Guide to Monster Hunting is directed by Rachel Talalay, produced by Ivan Reitman and Amie Karp, with Naia Cucukov, Tom Pollock, and Ilona Herzberg executive producing. Alessio Scalzotto, Tamsen McDonough, Ashton Arbab, Crystal Balint, and Ricky He also co-star in this action-packed adventure about working together to overcome your fears.