Thank you to Walt Disney World for providing my family with tickets to attend the 2018 Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party! All opinions are 100% my own.
One of my family’s favorite Walt Disney World events to attend is Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party. There are several reasons why, but the top one is all the amazing meet and greets that are really rare to find. Some of them are more popular than others, so you can expect to wait a long time. The character meet and greets change yearly, but I already attended the 2018 party. So here is my ultimate guide to the 2018 Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party character meet and greets.
Jack Skellington & Sally
I highly recommend getting right in line for these two at 4:00 p.m. when they start the line. They are still meeting guests at the gazebo in Liberty Square this year. The party doesn’t technically start until 7:00 p.m., however, Jack and Sally make their entrance right at 5:00 p.m. This year, we did some shopping for party exclusives and then hopped in line around 4:30 p.m. By 6:50 p.m. we had already met them and were out of line ready to enjoy the rest of the party!
Winnie the Pooh & Friends
One of the meet and greets I have always wanted to do is Winnie the Pooh and friends. They are dressed up in Halloween costumes during the party and it is ADORABLE! I grew up loving Pooh, but this line is always insane. This year, we decided to wait it out. It only took about 1.5 hours and this was smack in the middle of the party. I did notice it die down a little later in the night.
We were all so excited to see Winnie the Pooh and friends in their Halloween costumes at Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party! On our way home today and I already miss Disney World! . . . . #MNSSHP #notsoscary #halloween #winniethepooh #poohbear #tigger #eeyore #piglet #ChristopherRobin #disney #instadisney #disneygram #DisneyWorld #MagicKingdom #BestDayEver #MamasGeeky
This is a must if you are a Pooh fan though because you meet Eeyore, Piglet, Tigger, and Pooh in their costumes (see above photo).
The Seven Dwarfs
This is another character meet and greet that has moved locations. It is now inside the Pete’s Silly Sideshow tent because the other area is now home to the Disney Junior Jam (totally worth it, more on that later!). This is a MUST DO meet and greet. We did it in 2016, so we opted out this year. It is one of the only times you can meet all seven dwarfs together (you also can at the Very Merry Christmas Party). Early in this night this was about a three hour wait but toward the end it was only about an hour wait. I suggest heading there early to get in line and knock it out, or wait until about 10:30 p.m. and head over.
Last year Moana met outside the Jungle Cruise ride, but she has moved this year to inside the Enchanted Tiki Room. While we didn’t meet her this year, we did stop by to check on the line a few times. Early in the evening it was over a three hour wait, but dwindled to about one hour by the end of the night. This is another one I suggest either heading to right away or later in the party if you want to catch her.
Cruella de Vil
Last year Cruella was one of the longest meet and greet lines, but this year, she is wandering around the park. Keep an eye out and you just might be able to spot her and get a photo! My daughters were able to chat with her for a couple minutes about our dogs. This is great because last year we waited about two hours to meet her, and this year we just saw her walking around!
Other Meet & Greets and Their Locations
- Magic Mickey Mouse: In his normal spot on Main Street U.S.A.
- Captain Jack Sparrow: Outside the Pirates of the Caribbean ride.
- Stitch in Costume (Elvis): Inside the old Stitch’s Great Escape ride.
- Mad Hatter: By the Mad Tea Party.
- The Queen of Hearts, Tweedle Dee, & Tweedle Dum: By the Mad Tea Party.
- Minnie Mouse (in Halloween Costume): Outside the Big Top in Fantastyland.
- Mickey Mouse (in Halloween Costume): Outside the Big Top in Fantastyland.
- Donald Duck (in Halloween Costume): Outside the Big Top in Fantastyland.
- Daisy Duck (in Halloween Costume): Outside the Big Top in Fantastyland.
- Goofy (in Halloween Costume): Outside the Barnstormer in Fantastyland.
- Cinderella: Inside Princess Fairytale Hall.
- Princess Elena: Inside Princess Fairytale Hall.
- Princess Tiana: Inside Princess Fairytale Hall.
- Rapunzel: Inside Princess Fairytale Hall.
- Ariel (with legs) and Prince Eric: Across from The Little Mermaid ride.
- Belle (in blue dress) & Gaston: Outside Gaston’s Tavern, where Gaston normally meets.
- Jane & Terk: In Adventureland by Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse.
- Jasmine & Genie: Outside Aladdin’s Magic Carpet ride. (rotates every half hour with Aladdin & Abu)
- Aladdin & Abu: Outside Aladdin’s Magic Carpet ride. (rotates every half hour with Jasmine and Genie)
- Jafar: Outside Aladdin’s Magic Carpet ride.
- Lots-o’-Huggin Bear: Outside Buzz Lightyear ride.
Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2018 Dates
Purchase your tickets for Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party at the Walt Disney World website.
- August 17, 24, 28, 31
- September 3, 7, 9, 11, 14, 16, 18, 21, 23, 25, 28, 30
- October 2, 4, 5, 8, 9, 11, 12, 14, 16, 18, 19, 21, 23, 25, 26, 28, 30, 31