This review was made possible by iConnect Influencer Management, Febreze and Swiffer was compensated for my participation in this campaign, but all opinions are 100% mine.
You have heard of Spring Cleaning right? Well Fall is the perfect time to give your home a refresh. My husband and I always end up doing work around the house in fall – the weather is cooler, the kids are in school, and it just feels like the right time to do it. I enjoy it too – and I know my family loves the new look of our house as well. Here are some easy tips for you to keep your house feeling fresh in the fall!
ACCORDING TO A RECENT SURVEY*, THE MAJORITY OF AMERICANS (61%) PREFER EARLY FALL (RATHER THAN THE TYPICAL START OF THE NEW YEAR) TO HIT THE RESET BUTTON ON THEIR HOME IMPROVEMENT GOALS.
Goodbye Shag, Hello Swag
If you’re thinking of taking on a big home improvement project, fall is a great season to make the switch to hardwood floors. And, after a summer of dripping popsicles and damp pool towels tossed in a heap on the carpet, it’s easy to see why. It’s time to make the switch from shag to swag. Today’s consumer has more hardwood than ever before: an estimated four billion square feet of hard surface flooring will be installed in American homes this year! Finished wood and laminates are sleek, trendy and, with the help of Swiffer’s newly reformulated WetJet, easy to care for. Fall is the perfect time to get your swag on for a fresh new look in time for the holidays!
In fact, this fall we are planning on redoing the floors in the kids’ bedrooms. Hardwood will be perfect – we have started the process and cannot wait for it to be finished! We can toss that vacuum to the side and use our new Swiffer WetJet with wood cleaner to clean their rooms – and they are actually looking forward to doing it themselves (score!).
Hot in Here
Your home endured a lot this summer – 90 days with the AC blasting and windows sealed tight, 7 sleepovers, 5 dog baths and 16 family movie nights. Luckily, Febreze makes it easy to get the inside of your home as crisp as the autumn weather outside. Fabric Refresher effectively eliminates musty odors from your closet and Fido’s stink from your couch. Air Effects blessedly banishes that burnt popcorn smell that has somehow made its way from the microwave to every room in the house.
We are HUGE fans of Febreze. Our youngest is still potty training and has been known to stink up a room or two (if you catch my drift) so we have several bottles of Febreze Air Effects on hand at all times. We also have a pug and a 5 year old – so yea, we value our Febreze!
Though nearly half of all Americans admit to embracing the five second rule from time to time*, we can all agree that eating a bagel that has rolled through the muddy footprint in your kitchen is just plain gross. Swiffer WetJet’s newly reformulated solution provides a virtually streak-free shine, leaving your floors so clean you could eat off of them… not that we recommend it!
We have hardwood flooring in our kitchen (which we love) and thank God for Swiffer WetJet! We have been using it in the kitchen and I must say, I would even eat food off the floor near the dog’s food dish (and that says a lot) – I won’t actually do it, but I have seen my husband do it a time or two since using Swiffer!
Nearly half of adults coast to coast say they are embarrassed by the all too familiar stink inhabiting their family’s vehicle*. Use Febreze Car Clips to continuously reset and refresh your minivan after a summer of camping trips, baseball practices and fast food meals on wheels. And to avoid clutter and spills all year long, use a collapsible car organizer to store toys, juice boxes and anything else your munchkins like to snack on in the back seat.
We are an on-the-go family that loves to take road trips in our minivan so yea, we use these Febreze Car Clips! I am sure to always have extras in the glove box just in case. I can’t stand the smell of fast food or stinky workout clothes so these really come in handy. In fact, I have gotten compliments on how nice the van smells from other moms!
Smells of the Season
Changing leaves outside signal changing moods inside. The majority of Americans prefer to update the smell of their home with the changing seasons*, giving them a chance to welcome the shift and reset the mood. Spritz your curtains and couch with the new, woodsy scent of Febreze Fabric Refresher Big Sur to add a touch of autumn to your space.
I love using the Fabric Refresher on my couch and curtains. When we have friends and family visit, they always compliment us on how our home smells. And the autumn scents really get me in the holiday and fall mood!
We recently purchased a very old house (about 140 years old) and so the majority of the floors are hardwood – or being restored to hardwood now. We have had a very hard time cleaning our floors because of this. In fact, there is a closet where the previous owner’s litter box for their cat was that we could still not get clean. There was litter dust all over it and no matter how many times I scrubbed, it would just not go away – until we tried the new Swiffer WetJet Mop for Wood Floors! I was so excited by how easily (and quickly) it cleaned up! Just check out the above Before and After photos if you don’t believe me.
When it comes to cleaning, wood floors react differently to cleaning solution than other hard surfaces. When a solution is sprayed on a wooden surface, it beads up instead of spreading out evenly. Beading of the solution can cause streaking and hazing when it is mopped up. The newly formulated Swiffer WetJet solves for these challenges, providing a quick cleaning system that is proven to be safe on all types of wood floors and deliver breakthrough results. My favorite thing about the Swiffer WetJet is how easily I can change the cleaning pads. They simply stick on, do their thing, and then pull of easily – no shoving them under tabs or pulling off sticky parts.
New & Improved Swiffer WetJet gives you a more thorough clean in just minutes. That’s because the ABSORB + LOCK™ strip helps trap dirt & grime deep in the pad. Swiffer products are available at grocery, retail, home improvement and mass merchandise stores nationwide.
- New Pad with ABSORB + LOCK™ strip for improved absorption of dirt/grime.
- New Solution formula for more effective cleaning.
- Dual-spray nozzle solution dispense for a powerful floor clean.
- Reinforced handle releases the perfect amount of solution
with the touch of a finger.
- Stronger pad attachment keeps your cleaning pad in place
as you clean.
- Safe for cleaning virtually every finished wood floor type.
The newest scent, Big Sur, is perfect for Fall. It is vibrant. Citrusy. Spicy. Febreze with Big Sur scent eliminates odors so your home smells like it’s perched on the limb of a sandalwood tree. It’s the perfect balance of jasmine and cherry for all the noses in your family. We love Febreze in our house and use it daily. There are many options to choose from when it comes to Febreze (spoiler, I love them all!). Febreze products are available at grocery, retail, home improvement and mass merchandise stores nationwide.
- Air Effects: Use in your kitchen, bathroom, living room, that storage shed at back – anywhere odors are lingering in the air or you simply need an instant burst of freshness. Try adding as the final touch to your cleaning routine, and be sure to keep Air Effects on hand for those emergency odiferous situations.
- Fabric Refresh: Use on hard-to-wash fabrics throughout your home like carpets, furniture, upholstery, bedding, toys, gym bags, and much more. We suggest giving fabrics a weekly refresh (but we won’t blame you if you spray all day, every day!). It’s the perfect topper to your regular cleaning routine (and a great addition to your OMG-my-parents-are-visiting panic-induced cleaning routine).
- NOTICEables: Use in high-traffic rooms that are in need of continuous odor elimination and layers of guest-ready freshness. Put in any room of your home to eliminate those unwanted odors, and keep your home guest-ready for 45 days.** The best part? No need to spritz or spray… the freshness lasts.
- Car Vent Clip: Use in virtually every vehicle – mom mobiles, commuter carpools, dog cars – with scents that beg for the windows to stay up. Lasts for up to 30 days, eliminating tough odors that tend to hitch a ride. Too bad they can’t eliminate traffic.
- Candle: Perfect for small spaces and looks fabulous on any mantle or countertop. Want to add a little more ambiance? Try one in your bathroom, bedroom or living room for a fresh-scented glow. Proven to eliminate those pesky common odors such as pet smells, mustiness, and smoke. Use whenever you want a room to be invitingly fresh.
Enter to win a (full size) Swiffer and a (full size) Febreze product using the Gleam form below! Be sure to check out my other giveaways while you are here and GOOD LUCK!
*The study was conducted by ORC International using their Telephone CARAVAN® Omnibus from July 28-31, 2016. The study was conducted using two probability samples:
randomly selected landline telephone numbers and randomly selected mobile (cell) telephone numbers. The combined sample consists of 1,008 adults 18 years of age and older
living in the United States. Of the 1,008 interviews, 507 were from the landline sample and 501 from the cell phone sample. The margin of error for the sample of 1,008 is +/-
3.09% at the 95% confidence level.
The opinions expressed here are that of Mama’s Geeky only. While the products in this post were given complimentary (unless otherwise stated) for me to review, that does not alter my opinion of the product(s) mentioned. This post may contain sponsored links and affiliate links.