Disclosure: Mama Smith received an all expense paid trip from Disney/Pixar to attend this event. All opinions expressed are 100% her own.
Teen Beach 2 is a great movie to watch with friends and family. There is singing and elaborate dancing – it is so much fun. I think the best way to watch it when it airs this Friday (June 26th) would be to have some friends and family over and have a Summer “beach” party! I am talking beach activities, food, and of course, enough room to get up and try to dance along! I know that I plan to have a few people over and will be throwing a beach blast of my own! It really is the best way to experience Teen Beach 2 – even if you haven’t seen the first one (although, you still have time!).
I have put together some recipes and activities with the help of The Disney Channel for you that would be perfect to make your Teen Beach 2 viewing party a success.
Flip Flop Sandwiches
- Loaf of Bread
- 1 lb. fresh mozarella cheese
- 2 lbs. heirloom tomatoes
- 1 bunch basil leaves
- Olive oil (for drizzling)
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
- Bell peppers in various colors
- Cut flip flop shapes out of the bread.
- Cut mozzarella into quarter-inch-thick rounds – then cut flip flop shapes.
- Wash tomatoes and cut into rounds.
- Wash the basil and pat dry with paper towel.
- Drizzle olive oil on bread.
- Layer mozzarella, tomatoes, and basil leaves on the bread – then season lightly with salt and pepper. Top with another slice of bread.
- Cut bell peppers into strips about a quarter-inch-thick and about three-fourths the length of your bread. You will need two strips for each sandwich you are serving.
- Place bell pepper strips in a V shape and secure where the two strips meet with a tooth pick.
Download & Print Flip Flop Sandwich Directions Here —-> Flip Flop Sandwiches
- Peel kiwi and cut lengthwise into eight segments. The kiwis will be your palm tree’s leaves.
- Peel banana and cut in half lengthwise. The banana will be your palm tree’s trunk. Cut the banana “trunk” into half-inch-thick pieces.
- Peel orange, remove pith, and separate out the segments, which make up your palm tree’s roots.
- Arrange the fruits on the plate to resemble a palm tree as pictures above.
Download & Print Fruit Trees Directions Here —-> Fruit Trees
Here are some other recipes that you can download to add to your beach party food:
- Hang Ten hummus (Click to Download)
- Orange Pineapple Yogurt Dip (Click to Download)
- Blueberry Hawaii Bread (Click to Download)
- Raspberry Smoothies (Click to Download)
- Surf’s Up Cake (Click to Download)
In additions to these Teen Beach 2 inspired recipes, be sure to serve some beach party snacks and finger foods such as popcorn, cherries, hotdogs, mini-hamburgers, corn on the cob, salad, and Sweet Hawaiin rolls. Oh and what beach party isn’t complete without s’mores!
Everyone loves to take selfies and post on social media. Why not add some fun photo props to your Teen Beach 2 Viewing Party photos?!
What You’ll Need:
- 8 1/2″ x 11″ cardstock
- Cutting Knife
- Wooden dowels or bamboo skewers
- Masking, duct, or craft tape
- Download and print out the pages below. Cut them out.
- Affix a wooden dowel or bamboo skewer to the back of each photo prop with heavy-duty tape such as masking, duct, or craft tape.
- Use the props and accessories to dress up photos!
Download & Print Photo Props Directions Here —-> Photo Props
Origami Lei Necklace
What You’ll Need:
- 8 1/2″ x 11″ copy paper
- Fold the paper diagonally with the white side up. Flatten the paper again.
- Fold the corners to the center of the apper. This will create a smaller square. Once done, fold the coreners of the new, smaller square to the center as well.
- Flip paper over to the side with no seams. Fold Corners to the center again. Fold 2/3 of each flap back the other way so that each overlaps the edge.
- Flip back to the first side. Fold all four flaps out and then repeat. Repeat steps 1 through 4 with the other colors.
- Tape your flowers down in a desired pattern around the string. Tie ends of string together.
- Color on the them to personalize them.
Download & Print Photo Props Directions Here —-> Oragimi Lei Necklace
Here are some other activities to download and enjoy at your Teen Beach 2 Viewing Party:
- Box Puzzles (Click to Download)
- Origami Beach Balls (Click to Download)
- Paper Lanterns (Click to Download)
- Picture Frame (Click to Download)
And there you have it – everything in one place for you to find easily. The most important part, however, is to have fun! Enjoy your Teen Beach 2 – Beach Bash – Viewing Party! Be sure to let me know how everything turned out and post your photos on social media. Remember, Teen Beach 2 comes out on DVD the same day it airs on the Disney Channel – June 26th, 2015 (this Friday!). What a great way to kick off summer!
Oh and if you are daring enough, check out this post about my dance lessons with Chrissie Fit (CheeChee) and Jordan Fisher (Seacat) that includes some dance moves to “Gotta Be Me” that you can learn for showtime!