I was lucky enough to attend The Falcon and the Winter Soldier press junket where I got to interview the stars and creators of the show.
Attending the press junket for The Falcon and the Winter Soldier was an incredible experience, especially after having seen the first episode of this six episode series. These interviews are always great because they make me appreciate the show more, as we dive into the why, the who, and the how of the series.
I was so excited to get to listen to Anthony Mackie, Sebastian Stan, Kari Skogland, Malcolm Spellman, and Kevin Feige discuss The Falcon and the Winter Soldier. It was immediately clear how much this series means to all of them, and only has me more hyped about the rest of the series.
- Anthony Mackie (“Sam Wilson”)
- Sebastian Stan (“Bucky Barnes”)
- Kari Skogland (Director)
- Malcolm Spellman (Head Writer)
- Kevin Feige (Producer)
The Falcon and the Winter Soldier Press Junket
I learned so much about The Falcon and the Winter Soldier during the press junket and it just made me more hyped to see the rest of this show.
- Kevin Feige says that sometimes unexpected things happen. Like the hype of the Aerospace Engineer and the fact that a character that was never going to be anything, turned into a big thing.
- Marvel has been working on 10+ series for many years now, and the amazing response to WandaVision has given them the boost of confidence to continue down this path.
- The Falcon and the Winter Soldier is heavily influenced by buddy cop movies and that genre.
- The stunts are INSANE! Kevin Feige said that the first episode starts off with the biggest stunt ever because they knew they had to do it that way.
- This show is basically one six hour long movie, but split into parts.
"Just like Captain America was your Cap, Captain America was Sam's Cap. He was a fan just like everyone else." – @AnthonyMackie
The Falcon and The Winter Soldier junket pic.twitter.com/DR70M4giB9
— Tessa Smith – Mama's Geeky (@MamasGeeky) March 14, 2021
- The Falcon and the Winter Soldier focuses heavily on the PTSD that both Sam and Bucky suffer from, which causes them to have a mutual respect for each other.
- Anthony Mackie had one request. Since Sam Wilson is from New Orleans he wanted to eat crawfish on camera. He isn’t sure who said no exactly, but he was told no and this didn’t happen.
- Everyone in the show, heroes and villains alike, are dealing with the after effects of Endgame.
- There are a lot of surprises in this series for fans — they just can’t tell us what yet!
About The Falcon and the Winter Soldier
Marvel Studios’ “The Falcon and The Winter Soldier” stars Anthony Mackie as Sam Wilson aka The Falcon, and Sebastian Stan as Bucky Barnes aka The Winter Soldier. The pair, who came together in the final moments of “Avengers: Endgame,” team up on a global adventure that tests their abilities—and their patience. Directed by Kari Skogland with Malcolm Spellman serving as head writer, the series also stars Daniel Brühl as Zemo, Emily VanCamp as Sharon Carter, and Wyatt Russell as John Walker.