My husband needs a mid-day cat nap when we are at Walt Disney World, so he helped me come up with this list of the best places to do it.
No Walt Disney World vacation is complete without my husband falling asleep at least once per day. There are several go to spots of his, that he always suggests smack in the middle of our day. And we all know it is so he can “close his eyes” for just a few minutes to help him get through our busy park days.
I figured there are probably more people out there like him, that covet a midday cat nap, so why not let them know the best places to do it while at Disney World?! With the help of my husband, I put together a list of places to snooze, complete with the pros and cons. Please keep in mind the pros and cons are HIS inputs, and not mine. I never nap at Disney!
According to my husband Magic Kingdom has the most places to take a quick snooze. Which doesn’t surprise me because it has the most attractions out of all the parks.
- Walt Disney’s Carousel of Progress: Pros – inside, chairs have backs, comfortable chairs, 20 minutes long. Cons – N/A
- Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room: Pros – inside. Cons – uncomfortable bench, no chair backs.
- Country Bear Jamboree: Pros – inside. Cons – uncomfortable chairs.
- Enchanted Tales with Belle: Pros – inside. Cons – lots of people might judge you.
- The Hall of Presidents: Pros – inside, comfortable chairs with backs, 25 minutes long. Cons – N/A.
- Liberty Square Riverboat: Pros – there are a few inside places to take advantage of. Cons – not a lot of places to lay down, outside can get hot, also gets crowded.
- Mickey’s PhilharMagic: Pros – comfortable seats with backs, inside. Cons – you will miss a great show.
- Tom Sawyer Island: Pros – rocking chairs by the water on a breezy day. Cons – can get hot.
- Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover: Pros – moves quickly so you get a breeze, dark areas. Cons – outside part of the time, hard seats, short ride.
- it’s a small world: Pros – inside, dark, long. Cons – the singing, the singing, the singing….
Epcot is one of our favorite places to visit because we love walking around the world showcase and experiencing all of the countries. But a long day there can get hot and exhausting after walking for a while.
- Beauty and the Beast Sing-Along: Pros – comfortable chairs, inside. Cons – everyone singing loudly.
- Impressions de France: Pros – comfortable chairs, inside. Cons – N/A
- Spaceship Earth: Pros – inside. Cons – uncomfortable and hard seats.
- Living With The Land: Pros – inside, seats have backs. Cons – uncomfortable seats.
- Gran Fiesta Tour Starring The Three Caballeros: Pros – inside. Cons – uncomfortable seating, missing a fun ride.
- Awesome Planet: Pros – inside, comfortable seats with backs. Cons – N/A.
- The American Adventure: Pros – inside, comfortable chairs with backs, 29 minutes long. Cons – N/A.
- Disney Vacation Club Lounge: Pros – comfortable seating, inside, free snacks and drinks. Cons – have to be a DVC member, can get crowded.
The Animal Kingdom doesn’t have as many places to snooze as my husband would like. However, we usually don’t spend a full day there (not like we do the other parks), so this isn’t as big an issue for him. He has found a couple of places he likes to take a power nap though.
- It’s Tough To Be A Bug: Pros – inside, seats have backs. Cons – hard seats, it gets very loud.
- Kilimanjaro Safaris: Pros – long, seats have backs. Cons – bumpy ride, hard seating.
- Na’vi River Journey: Pros – inside. Cons – uncomfortable seats, short ride.
Hollywood Studios is always fun to visit, especially now that Galaxy’s Edge is open. But with the boarding pass system for Rise of the Resistance, it likely means you will be getting up early. Really early. So don’t be ashamed if you need a power nap in the middle of the day.
- For The First Time In Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration: Pros – 30 minutes long, comfortable seating with chair backs, inside with AC blasting. Cons – it gets loud.
- Disney Junior Dance Party!: Pros – inside. Cons – floor or bench seating only.
- Lightening McQueen Racing Academy: Pros – inside. Cons – no backs to the seating, hard benches.
- Star Wars Launch Bay Theater: Pros – inside, comfortable seats with backs. Cons – N/A.
- Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular: Pros – long. Cons – outside, uncomfortable benches.
Of course the very best place to nap while at Walt Disney World is in your hotel room. So if you can take an hour or so break and head back to the resort, do it. It is a great way to get that second wind so you can head back to the parks, or Disney Springs, for dinner and fun!