If you know anything about my family, you know that we love Disney. We are Disney Vacation Club members and we go to Walt Disney World at least twice a year. We watch all of the movies – and one of our favorites is Cinderella. It is truly a classic and I was so happy that my girls loved it when I introduced them to it. To help celebrate the release of the Cinderella Signature Edition, I teamed up with PictureThisClothing.com so my girls could create some amazing Cinderella inspired dresses!
Creating The Perfect Cinderella Dress
My daughters were thrilled at the idea of creating their very own Cinderella inspired dresses. Personally, I could not believe how easy it was! On the PictureThisClothing.com website, you simply select your child(ren)’s size, and print out the template.
Kids can now decorate their dress anyway that they want to. My daughters opted to cut out Cinderella themed coloring pages and color them in. They taped them down to their templates, and then drew more pictures around it. I might be a little bias, but I think they came out really good.
We had so much fun creating these dresses! For them to come to life we just had to take a clear photo, and send it over to Picture This Clothing. Then a few days later, we got a package in the mail. Their dresses! They were so excited to open them up, but I had another surprise in store for them – we were going to Walt Disney World! Of course, I made them wait, but it was worth it – they loved showing everyone at the Parks the dresses they created to celebrate their favorite Princess – Cinderella!
We got compliment after compliment on these dresses! Cast members and even other park attendees stopped them to discuss them. We told many people about Picture This Clothing – and I hope a lot of them check it out. You can even choose between a dress or T-shirt – and get adult sizes too. Remember, creating them is half the fun!
Cinderella Bonus Features
One of my favorite things about home releases is all of the bonus features. There are usually fun things like deleted scenes – which I love because it gives you something new. When it comes to animated movies, I love checking out all the concept art and drawings that are usually included.
The bonus features that are on this release of Cinderella did not disappoint! Bonus features vary per retailer.
New Bonus Features
- Try This Trivia on for Size – Join Ruth Righi and Ava Kolker from Disney Channel’s Sydney to the Max and put your knowledge of Cinderella to the test.
- In Walt’s Words: Enhanced Edition – Watch the movie and gain some insight into its production with storyboards, archival photos, sketches and transcripts.
Classic Bonus Features
- Diane Disney Miller “Cinderella” Film Intro – In this introduction to the animated classic, Diane Disney Miller describes how Cinderella helped launch a studio renaissance.
- The Real Fairy Godmother – Learn about the real-life inspiration for the Fairy Godmother: Mary Alice O’Connor, wife of Disney layout artist Ken O’Connor.
- Behind the Magic: A New Disney Princess Fairyland – Discover how Imagineers created a Fantasyland at Walt Disney World featuring each of the Disney Princesses.
- The Magic of the Glass Slipper – World-famous shoe designer Christian Louboutin creates a very exclusive “Glass Slipper” in honor of a beloved Disney classic.
The Art of Cinderella
- Concept Art – View a gallery of concept art from the feature’s production.
- Character Model Sheets – View a gallery of character model sheets from the feature’s production.
- Story Sketches – View a gallery of story sketches from the feature’s production.
- Live-Action Reference – View a gallery of photos taken from live-action footage shot as a reference for the animated feature.
- Pencil Animation – View a gallery of pencil animation from the feature’s production.
- Behind-the-Scenes Stills – View a gallery of behind-the-scenes stills from the feature’s production.
- Feature Stills – View a gallery of stills from the feature.
Music Bonus Features
- “Cinderella” Title Song
- “A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes”
- “Oh, Sing Sweet Nightingale”
- “The Work Song”
- “So This Is Love”
Cinderella: Anniversary Edition Available On Digital and Movies Anywhere June 18 and Blu-ray™ June 25.
Enter to win a copy of Cinderella on Blu-ray using the form below. There will be three winners! Good luck!