Sometimes there is nothing better than simple, well seasoned steak. If you are eating low carb and following the keto diet like I am, this is a great meal choice. There are many ways to cook a steak, but my favorite is just to rub a few spices on it and enjoy. I don’t use a steak sauce or anything like that, which is perfect for the keto lifestyle.
Like I said before, sometimes simple is the best way to go when it comes to steaks. Through trial and error my husband and I have found a delicious rub for our steaks. It is easy too! And if you prefer a spice, or don’t like one, it is easy enough to modify.
- smoked paprika
- lemon pepper
- cayenne pepper
- black pepper
- chili pepper
- red pepper flakes
- Combine spices to make a dry rub.
- Put rub on both sides of the steaks, being very generous to ensure lots of flavor.
- Grill steaks as preferred. (I personally love a medium rare steak!)
- Feeling frisky? Take a nice thick piece of bacon and wrap it around the outside of your steak before you cook it. YUM!
Grilled Vegetables Side
My favorite side to go with steaks is grilled vegetables. I usually just cut up whatever we have in the fridge, but including peppers and onions is a must! We have tried a few different ways to cook them, but this is our favorite. Again, simple.
- bell peppers
- sweet onions
- kosher salt
- olive oil
- grated Parmesan cheese
- Cut vegetables up and place in a large bowl.
- Coat veggies in olive oil and kosher salt.
- Place in a frying pan and cook on medium heat, stirring often.
- Once cooked until softened, remove from heat and sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Carbs per serving: 2.5