This post contains affiliate links.
I am sure I have said this time and time again, but one of our favorite things to do as a family is cuddle up and watch a movie. We have family movie night once a week, and I truly think it is something we all look forward to. When we first saw trailers for Nut Job 2: Nutty By Nature, we knew it was a movie we would all love to see. No matter how many times we saw it, we were still laughing! Unfortunately, we didn’t get to theaters to see it, but that’s OK because Universal Pictures Home Entertainment sent us an advance copy to check out!
Yes, it’s a bit predictable at times for adults, but what kids movie isn’t? Personally, I loved it! Several times I found myself laughing so hard I could barely catch my breath (“I’m not classically trained.”). But most importantly, my daughters loved it as well. As soon as it ended, they asked when we could watch it again. For them, nothing was predictable and they were on the edge of their seat almost the whole time. They were really invested in the characters and the story line. This is definitely a fun family film – and I recommend it to anyone with young kids.
About The Nut Job 2
Surly and his friends are back in the action-packed animated adventure, The Nut Job 2: Nutty By Nature. Filled with heart and animal hijinks, this family-friendly comedy introduces new fan-favorite characters including Mr. Feng, the adorable but deadly city mouse, and Frankie, the love-struck bulldog. Surly Squirrel and the gang are back, returning to Liberty Park after they are forced to leave their easy life at the nut store. Getting back to nature is the last thing Surly wants to do, but when a greedy mayor decides to destroy the park to build an amusement park, Surly and his ragtag critter friends must band together to save the place they call home.
The Voice Cast
The film features an incredible voice cast including:
- Will Arnett (Lego Batman)
- Katherine Heigl (“Grey’s Anatomy”)
- Maya Rudolph (Bridesmaids)
- Bobby Moynihan (“Saturday Night Live”)
- Isabela Moner (Transformers: The Last Knight)
- Jeff Dunham (Smurfs: The Lost Village)
- Gabriel Iglesias (The Fluffy Movie)
The Nut Job 2: Nutty By Nature comes packed with exciting bonus content including deleted scenes, special animation and art reels as well as a feature commentary with the filmmakers, giving viewers a peek inside the making of the film and how the characters were brought to life.
- Deleted Scene
- Animation Progression Reels: Watch as two key scenes are brought to life, from storyboard and pre-visualization, to final animation, lighting and effects.
- Concept Art Reel: See the concept art that inspired animators to create the world of The Nut Job 2.
- Feature Commentary with Director/Co-Writer Cal Brunker and Producer/Co-Writer Bob Barlen