Aladdin is probably my favorite Disney animated movie of all time. When I was a young girl, I had the VHS that I wore out, twice. And then the cassette tape. That I wore out. Three times. My friends and I would put on shows for our parents where we would sing the songs, and sit on a makeshift magic carpet. We did this multiple times. So I am hyped that Aladdin is joining the Walt Disney Signature Collection — it deserves it!
I was excited and nervous all at the same time that they were making a live action Aladdin, but ultimately I loved it. That home release is timed perfectly with this one, but that is another post for another day.
About Aladdin Signature Collection
In 4K for the First Time, The Animated Classic “Aladdin” Joins the Walt Disney Signature Collection on Digital, 4K Ultra HD™ and Movies Anywhere Aug. 27 and on 4K Ultra HD™ and Blu-ray™ Sept. 10
Relive the adventure with the film’s iconic characters, timeless humor and award-winning music, available for the first time in shining, shimmering, splendid 4K Ultra HD™ with fresh extras, including original cast recordings and a brand-new sing-along version
Broken record, I know, but I LOVE the bonus features on a home release. Honestly, they are the major reason I end up purchasing a film. With the Aladdin Signature Collection, I was most excited for the sing along. And I am proud to admit that I totally didn’t need any of the words on the screen — I got every lyric right!
I also really enjoyed the alternate endings! No spoilers here because this is something you need to watch for yourself. But wow, things could have been different! My oldest daughter loves to draw, so she is a big fan of the Genie drawing lesson! So cool…
- Sing Along With The Movie – Sing along to your favorite tunes as you watch the film. With magical on-screen lyrics.
- Aladdin on Aladdin – Join the speaking voice of Aladdin, Scott Weinger (“Fuller House”), as he reflects on almost 30 years of being Aladdin.
- “Let’s Not Be Too Hasty”: The Voices of “Aladdin” – Take your seat in the recording booth and watch as the voice actors of “Aladdin” work their microphone magic.
- Alternate Endings – Enter the realm of “what if” and see just how differently the movie could have ended.
- DIGITAL EXCLUSIVE: Drawing Genie – Join prolific animator Eric Goldberg as he draws and reminices about the Genie.
- CLASSIC BONUS – Revisit over 40 exciting bonus features from previous releases including:
The Genie Outtakes
- “Aladdin”: Creating Broadway Magic
- Unboxing “Aladdin”
The Aladdin Signature Collection is available on digital now, Blu-ray September 10th!
You Might Also Enjoy...
Tessa Smith is a Rotten Tomatoes Tomatometer-approved Film and TV Critic. She is also a Freelance Writer. Tessa has been in the Entertainment writing business for almost ten years and is a member of several Critics Associations including the Critics Choice Association, Hollywood Critics Association, and the Greater Western New York Film Critics Association.