This post contains affiliate links.
When we were on our most recent family vacation at Disney World, the newest Disney Channel Original Movie came out. I remember my husband and I cuddling up with our daughters on our bed at the Polynesian and watching Zombies. My girls are in to spooky things for some reason, and so this movie was right up their alley! Not too scary, but featuring one of their favorite things – ZOMBIES! Honestly, my husband and I really enjoyed this movie too.
What I love so much about this movie is that it teaches you to be yourself. Everyone is unique in their own way, and you should totally own who you are. I think this is a very important lesson for young kids to learn – and one reason I was willing to let my young daughters watch this movie. They are 5 and 6 years old and watched Zombies all the way through, without losing interest. They learned a lot from it, and it was totally appropriate for them, which is one of the reasons I love Disney so much.
Disney’s “ZOMBIES” is a music- and dance-filled story set in the fictitious world of Seabrook, a cookie-cutter community brimming with perky conformity 50 years after a zombie apocalypse. Today, the zombies pose no threat, but are required to live in Zombietown, an isolated, rundown community infused with their unique creative spirit. When zombies are finally allowed to enroll in Seabrook High School, the charming, charismatic zombie Zed, who is determined to play football, meets freshman Addison who dreams of being a cheerleader — the ultimate form of status in Seabrook. Addison takes a lot of flak for befriending Zed and his zombie friends, but comes to learn that zombies and cheerleaders aren’t so different after all. Zed and Addison work together to show Seabrook what they can achieve when they embrace their differences and celebrate what makes them a community.
- Zombie Blooper Reel (DVD Exclusive) – Laugh out loud at the Cast of ZOMBIES in this compilation of the funniest bloopers and outtakes from the making of the film.
- The Zombie Survival Guide To High School (DVD Exclusive) – This piece uses a visual motif of a Zombie Survival Guide, with styled infographics and hosted by the talent. We go down the list of some of the most important survival tips for Zombies and humans on how to get along and make the best of high school.
- Dance Tutorial – Join Meg Donnelly (Addison), Kylee Russell (Eliza) and ZOMBIES Choreographer, Christopher Scott, as they show you how to dance along to the ‘BAMM” Music Video.
- Deleted Scene #1 (DVD Exclusive) – It’s a Cheer-tastrope
- Deleted Scene #2 (DVD Exclusive) – New Jacket, New Name
- Audition Tapes (DVD Exclusive)
- Milo Manheim Audition
- Meg Donnelly Audition
- Music Video – “BAMM”
- Lyric Video – “BAMM”
- Trailer #1
- Trailer #2