Happy 4th of July everyone! This holiday I will be spending time with family at a backyard BBQ & campout! This will span the whole long weekend! I am so excited! For dinners we all bring a dish to pass. My husband I could not decide what to bring – all the common things were taken (pasta salad, tossed salad, fruit salad). As you probably know, we raise chickens and thought – hmmm why not deviled eggs! I then remembered that my cousin made pastel colored deviled eggs for Easter and thought I could do that with Red & Blue dye for festive Independence Day eggs! Here is how that turned out:
- Egg Dye: 1 tsp vinegar, 20 drops each food coloring, 1/2 cup hot tap water
- Hard boil or oven bake* eggs, peel them and cut them in half.
- Dip them until you get the color you want.
- To drain the dye, place them hole side down for 5-10 minutes.
- Pat dry with paper towel.
- Fill with your favorite Deviled Egg recipe!
- Sprinkle paprika on top!