Game of Thrones Season 8 hits HBO on April 14th and I am so excited that it is finally next month! I have been watching this show since it first started, and yes, I read the Game of Thrones books too (still waiting for the next one George…). In order to celebrate the premiere, I am totally throwing a viewing party with my friends. One of the foods I will be serving are these Game of Thrones inspired dragon eggs (deviled eggs). Enjoy!
- 2 Dozen Eggs
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- purple and blue food coloring
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1/2 cup hot tap water
- Place eggs in a pot of water and heat on medium.
- Once the water starts to boil, set a timer for 12 minutes.
- Remove eggs when the timer goes off and immediately place in a bowl of ice water.
- Leave sitting for 5 minutes before peeling.
- Peel the eggs and cut in half lengthwise, removing the yolk.
- Make Egg Dye: combine 1 tsp vinegar, 20 drops each food coloring, 1/2 cup hot tap water
- Dip them until you get the color you want.
- To drain the dye, place them hole side down for 5-10 minutes.
- Pat dry with paper towel.
- In the bowl containing the yolks, add mayonnaise, mustard, and salt and pepper.
- Mash together until smoothly whipped.
- Fill egg halves with the yolk mixture.
- Sprinkle paprika on top.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
You Might Also Enjoy...
Tessa Smith is a Rotten Tomatoes Tomatometer-approved Film and TV Critic. She is also a Freelance Writer. Tessa has been in the Entertainment writing business for almost ten years and is a member of several Critics Associations including the Hollywood Critics Association and the Greater Western New York Film Critics Association.