2018 was an amazing year for movies, and it looks like 2019 is going to be just as good, if not better. There are so many movies that I am looking forward to! It was super hard to narrow my list down to the top 10 (so you know I put in some honorable mentions too). At the end of the year I will come back with my top 10 movies of the year, and it will be interesting to see which ones, if any, overlap. Hopefully these all live up the hype I have for them!
10. IT: Chapter 2
I love a good scary movie. And I hate clowns. Because of Pennywise. Which is why I am so excited for this movie. The latest IT had me freaking out and hiding behind my fingers in the theater, and I hope this one will do that too! Coming to theaters September 6, 2019.
9. The Lion King
I may or may not have had a wicked crush on JTT when The Lion King came out. Because of that, I watched this movie so many times. I still cry, as an adult, when I see it. The trailer has me in awe and I cannot wait to see what they have done with this movie. But I am so not ready to see Mufasa die. Coming to theaters July 19, 2019.
8. Spider-Man: Far From Home
This is so low on the list for one reason and one reason alone, we have not seen a trailer yet! You know I love me some Marvel, and of course I love me some Spidey. But not seeing any footage yet has this low on the list. I do love Mysterio and am really excited to see him as a villain, so I put this higher than number 10. Hopefully once the trailer comes I am just as hyped, if not more hyped! Coming to theaters July 5, 2019.
7. Star Wars Episode IX
Pretty much for the exact same reason as Spider-Man: Far From Home came in at 8, Star Wars Episode IX comes in at 7. I need to see some footage! I need a trailer….something! I’m sure this is going to be amazing, but I can’t put it above movies I have seen trailers for at the moment. Coming to theaters December 20, 2019.
6. Pokemon Detective Pikachu
I am a HUGE Pokemon fan and you know this trailer looks AMAZING! It was so much fun to try to spot all the Pokemon featured in it. And I never would have thought Ryan Reynolds would be a good Pikachu, but man did he impress me in this trailer. I am HYPED! Coming to theaters May 10, 2019.
Again, I love creepy and scary and that is just what US is bringing to 2019. I just know it. Get Out was one of my favorite movies of 2017, so I am really looking forward to Jordan Peele’s next film. Coming to theaters March 15, 2019.
What can I say about Glass? Man, I am really looking forward to this because Unbreakable and Split are two of my favorite thriller type movies. Seeing all of these characters together is going to be EPIC! Coming to theaters January 18, 2019.
3. Toy Story 4
As if all of my favorite characters coming back isn’t enough – they added Forky! Oh my goodness he is the most adorable toy that isn’t really a toy ever. I cannot wait to see what Disney/Pixar has in store for us with Toy Story 4. Toy Story 3 still makes me sob like a little baby. I don’t think I am ready for this. Coming to theaters June 21, 2019.
2. Captain Marvel
Girl power, am I right? I was totally on the set of this movie and cannot tell you anything still…. but I will say this is going to be an amazing movie. I just know it. Captain Marvel is sure to be a great role model for my daughters, so you know I am going to take them to see this movie opening weekend. Coming to theaters March 8, 2019. See what they changed from the Captain Marvel comic books.
1. Avengers: Endgame
I mean…just watch my trailer reaction. Enough said. Coming to theaters April 26, 2019.
2019 is going to be an insane year for movies and it was SO HARD to choose my top 10. There are a LOT of honorable mentions here because they just have my SO HYPED. I couldn’t publish this post without mentioning them. These are in no particular order. I totally should have done a top 20 list.
- Artemis Fowl – I’ve read the books & think Disney can really pull this off! Who is Artemis Fowl? I tell you all you need to know, don’t worry.
- How To Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World – I loved the first two in this series and have been really looking forward to the third installment.
- Godzilla 2: King of Monsters – I mean…this looks SO GOOD. I love monster movies!
- Aladdin – Aladdin is one of my all time favorite animated films, so that is what makes me so nervous about this remake. And one of the only reasons it is not on my top 10 list. I really hope this live action remake does it justice. I am excited, but cautious.
- Shazam! – For a DC movie, this looks on the lighter side. I am really excited to see it and I hope I enjoy it as much as I have enjoyed the trailers!
- Alita: Battle Angel – I mean, the trailers for this look amazing! I know it is based off a Manga so the comic book fan in me is excited about that too!
- Dumbo – Another one of my favorite Disney animated films that I am cautiously optimistic about. From what we have seen, I am hyped! I am still super nervous about it though.
- Frozen 2 – I loved Frozen, and so did my daughters. I am really looking forward to seeing Anna and Elsa’s stories continue!
- Hellboy – Looking forward to this remake. Another one I am cautiously optimistic about.
- Men In Black: International – I love that they made this a continuation and not a remake. Also, Thor and Valkeryie together again, how could you not be hyped?
- The New Mutants – Some of my favorite comics turned in to a thriller? Sign me up!