It’s Nintendo Switch’s birthday! To celebrate, GameStop is introducing the #NintendoSwitchChallenge – a fun (and a little wacky) way to play Mario Kart! We are totally a Switch family (in case you haven’t figured that out), so we had to try it out ourselves – check out our video below. It was such a blast to do, but please don’t laugh at me. Please. OK, fine. Go ahead and laugh (fun fact, I laughed at myself too).
Well now that you have watched mine, it is YOUR turn! That’s right, I am personally challenging YOU to film your race! And then I want you to post it all over social media. Don’t forget to tag @GameStop and use the hashtag #NintendoSwitchChallenge. They will giving away a bunch of awesome Switch accessories for fans who do the challenge. And be sure tag me (@MamasGeeky) too because I would love to see you also make a fool of yourself… I mean, I want to see how your race compares to mine!
Nintendo Switch Deals At GameStop
Also be sure to visit your local GameStop from March 3-10, because more than 50 Switch toys, collectibles and
accessories are going to be on MAJOR sale! Here are the top deals, but you can check out the full lineup of sales on GameStop’s flyer.
- 20% off select Nintendo Switch accessories like controllers, charging docks, carrying cases, racing wheels, and more!
- 20% off select Nintendo-themed plush, toys, housewares, & drinkware!
- Up to $20 off select Switch games (FIFA 18 for only $39.99!).
- Get an extra $5 when you trade any Nintendo Switch games!
- 50% extra credit on any future Nintendo Switch game trades with purchase of any of these sale products.
How To Play The #NintendoSwitchChallenge
- You’ll Need: At least two players, a Nintendo Switch, and Mario Kart 8. Don’t have a Nintendo Switch? Don’t worry! GameStop has you covered. More than 1,400 stores have a demo Switch, where you can film your challenge. You can also check out their Switch store locator to find the nearest Switch-ready store near you.
- Player One: This is the “Commander,” who sits facing the screen. You can also have more than one Commander, just beware – it can get a little loud!
- Player Two: The “Driver” sits with their back to the screen (or blindfolded) with the Joy-cons or controller.
- Rev Your Engine: Start up your Switch, fire up Mario Kart 8, and get ready to put your skills to the test!
- The Challenge: The Commander guides the Driver through the course: telling them when to turn, use their items, avoid running into walls and cows and fences.
- Share: Post your best race(s) on your Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and/or YouTube channel. Make sure to tag GameStop, use the hashtag: #NintendoSwitchChallenge, and tag me MamasGeeky!
Enter to win an Epic GameStop Nintendo Switch Prize Pack using the Gleam form below. This package includes the following:
Nintendo Switch Light-Up Dock Shield – Mario and Zelda designs
Faceoff Deluxe Wired Controller (Mario & Luigi)
Nintendo Switch Deluxe Console Case – Mario Kart + Mario Kana
Pixel Pals – Raccoon Mario + original Mario
HUGE thank you to GameStop and PDP! for sponsoring this amazing giveaway! Be sure to check out my other giveaways while you are here and GOOD LUCK!
The opinions expressed here are that of Mama’s Geeky only. While the products in this post were given complimentary (unless otherwise stated) for me to review, that does not alter my opinion of the product(s) mentioned. This post may contain sponsored links and affiliate links.