My Pancakes Taste Different Today!
By Heather Wood Galpert and Bruce Galpert, for ages 5 and up
Before going fishing one day, Ethan eats his favorite breakfast – pancakes. As his mom explains how his pancakes are made with help from the sun, clouds, rain, animals, and farmers, Ethan sees the world in a new way. While playing outside, Ethan decides to create a big splash by throwing a can in the lake and accidentally contaminates the environment. Time passes and one day Ethan notices that his pancakes taste different. Realizing his decision to make a big splash caused a problem which affected his food, Ethan enlists the help of his friends to correct his mistake. Do Ethan and his friends fix the taste of the pancakes? What do they learn in the process?
Organic, local and sustainable ingredients are recommended – we think they taste better, too!
- 1 1/4 cup four (if gluten free we suggest King Arthur Four Gluten Free Multi-Purpose Flour)
- 1.4 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- Measure all the ingredients out separately.
- Whisk the dry ingredients together until combined.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg into the milk.
- Add the milk and egg combination to the dry ingredients then add the melted (but not hot) butter.
- Don’t over mix; a few lumps in batter is fine.
- Lightly grease a large skillet over medium heat (vegetable oil spray is easy to use) and add ¼ cup of the batter to form each pancake.
- Cook until the first side is golden brown, or until the top surface bubbles and is dotted with holes.
- Flip and cook until the other side is golden brown.
- Serve hot with lots of maple syrup and share with your friends and family. Yum!
- Have fun cleaning up the kitchen after you enjoy your pancakes.
Buy the book at ThePancakesBook.com!
Copyright Wagon Wheel Productions. All rights reserved.
Enter to win a copy of My Pancakes Taste Different Today! using the Gleam form below. Be sure to check out my other giveaways while you are here. GOOD LUCK!
The opinions expressed here are that of Mama’s Geeky only. While the products in this post were given complimentary (unless otherwise stated) for me to review, that does not alter my opinion of the product(s) mentioned. This post may contain sponsored links and affiliate links.