This post contains affiliate links.
We are a huge Disney family, so of course we saw Cars 3 in theaters. It immediately became of my favorite Disney movies. The lesson that it teaches is incredible – and an important one for kids. Cars 3 is sure to touch your heart. You will laugh, and in true Disney fashion, you might even cry. I know I did. The blu-ray just hit stores today, but I was lucky enough to get an advance copy. I think that every single bonus feature is a must watch!
Three Reasons To Watch Cars 3
Before I go into detail about the bonus features, I want to give you three reasons to watch Cars 3 – just in case you haven’t already. The first is the cast. We already know that Owen Wilson is fantastic as Lightning McQueen, but all of the new characters are incredible as well. Cruz Ramirez is probably my favorite new character in the film – and Cristela Alonzo voices her perfectly. I really hope we see more of her in the future – Cars 4 anyone?
Next up is the humor. For me, there wasn’t as much in this one as the previous two – however, it was the perfect amount. There are a couple of things in there that are just for adults, as well. This movie had my whole family laughing! Lastly, it is the lessons. Kids will learn to be themselves, to try and never give up, and also to support one another. They will learn that it is not always best to judge a book by its cover. These are all very important lessons, that I think every child needs to learn. I refuse to give spoilers – so this is the best you are going to get from me. Trust me, once you see the film these will all make sense.
The Cars 3 blu-ray combo pack has lots of extras that are all worth watching! The exclusive new mini-movie, Miss Fritter’s Racing Skool is a favorite in our house and has been watched time and time again. My personal favorites are the deleted scenes. I always like seeing what didn’t make it in to the film. Here is a complete list of bonus features:
- Miss Fritter’s Racing Skoool (Exclusive new mini-movie) – Enjoy blindsided testimonials from the Crazy 8’s, touting the transformative impact Miss Fritter’s Racing School has had in reshaping the direction of their lives
- Theatrical Short: “Lou” – When a toy-stealing bully ruins recess for a playground full of kids, only one thing stands in his way: the “Lost and Found” box.
- Let’s. Get. Crazy. – Get schooled in the world of demolition derby, the “rules” of figure 8 racing, and how Pixar puts the crazy in the Thunder Hollow Crazy 8 race. This piece is hosted by Lea DeLaria.
- Legendary – a close, historical look at the racing legends Wendell Scott and Louise Smith, whose tenacity and perseverance got them into the race even when they weren’t invited.
- Ready for the Race – Disney Channel’s Olivia Rodrigo and NASCAR Racer William Byron check out the Hendrick Motorsports campus to showcase how real-world race training influenced the filmmakers.
- World’s Fastest Billboard – Blink and you will miss all of the graphics and “car-ified” advertisements created by Pixar’s Art team to make the ”Cars 3” world as believable as possible.
- Cruz Ramirez: The Yellow Car That Could – Join Cristela Alonzo and the filmmakers on their journey to create a race-car trainer turned champion racer.
- Generations: The Story of “Cars 3” – For the story team, creating Lightning McQueen’s next chapter didn’t involve just a tune-up, but a complete overhaul.
- My First Car – A collection of illustrated first-car stories as narrated by members of the “Cars 3” cast and crew. “A Green Car on the Red Carpet with Kerry Washington,” “Old Blue,” and “Still in the Family.”
- 5 Deleted Scenes – Each deleted scene is set up with an introduction as to why it was removed from the film. Deleted scenes include:
- “The Boogie Woogie”
- “The Jars of Dirt”
- “The Bolt”
- “More Than New Paint”
- Cars To Die(cast) For – Take a look at the phenomenon of die-cast toy collecting and the more than 1,000 unique designs that exist in the Cars universe.
- Commentary – Brian Fee (Director), Kevin Reher (Producer), Andrea Warren (Co-Producer) and Jay Ward (Creative Director)
About Cars 3
In Cars 3, the legendary Lightning McQueen is suddenly pushed out of the sport he loves. To get back in the game, he will need the help of an eager young race technician, Cruz Ramirez, with her own plan to win, plus inspiration from the late Fabulous Hudson Hornet and a few unexpected turns. Proving that #95 isn’t through yet will test the heart of a champion on Piston Cup Racing’s biggest stage!
Cars 3 is racing home on Bluray Today!
Like CARS on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PixarCars/
Follow CARS on Twitter: https://twitter.com/pixarcars
Follow CARS on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/pixarcars/
Subscribe to the Disney/Pixar YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyPixar
Visit the official CARS 3 website here: http://movies.disney.com/cars-3
Enter to win a digital copy of Cars 3 using the Gleam form below. Be sure to check out my other giveaways while you are here and GOOD LUCK!
Welcome to the Harvesting Giveaways Giveaway Hop brought to you by The Hopping Bloggers!
Co-Hosted By: Teacups and Fairy Tales
Each giveaway has a value of a minimum of $15, however some are worth much more. Be sure to enter to win all of them because there is no limit to how many you can win. GOOD LUCK!
If you’re a blogger looking to connect with brands: Join The Hopping Bloggers database and get started today!
If you’re a brand looking to work with a network of professional bloggers: Check out the creative campaigns The Hopping Bloggers has to offer!
The opinions expressed here are that of Mama’s Geeky only. While the products in this post were given complimentary (unless otherwise stated) for me to review, that does not alter my opinion of the product(s) mentioned. This post may contain sponsored links and affiliate links.