Yesterday myself and some other pretty amazing bloggers had a Rogue One Viewing Party over on Twitter! We gave away some great prizes and had a blast doing it – all thanks to Disney and Roku! We were given a digital code for Rogue One: A Star Wars Story and a Roku stick to watch it on – as well as some other amazing Star Wars goodies. I had seen the movie in theaters, but it is a great film and I had been dying to watch it again. I even made some cupcakes to enjoy while watching it! I hope you joined us – it was a blast!
I just need to come out and say it – the Roku is amazing. We have had Rokus for years now! We got one when it first came out – and now have upgraded to the sticks for all of our TVs in the house. Well, I shouldn’t say that because we don’t need one for our Roku TV which is in my office. Roku makes streaming ridiculously easy! Combine it with Disney Movies Anywhere and I have tons of Disney movies at my fingertips! I love Disney Movies Anywhere because when I add my Disney Movie Rewards points, if the movie included a digital copy, it gets added right to my DMA account. Only having to enter a code once saves a ton of time!
After the Twitter party ended, I didn’t want the fun to end – so I pulled up the bonus features. That is another thing I really love about Disney Movies Anywhere! The fact that you can watch the bonus features without getting the disc first. These special features were incredible. I have always been a sucker for the extras. I enjoy seeing what happened behind the scenes and learning more about the characters. My favorite special feature for Rogue One was K-2SO: The Droid. It was a ton of fun to watch, and I highly recommend at least checking that one out – although they are all amazing!
Bonus features include*:
- A Rogue Idea – Hear how ILM’s John Knoll came up with the movie’s concept – and why it’s the right film to launch the Star Wars stand-alone films.
- Jyn: The Rebel – Get to know Rogue One’s defiant, resourceful survivor, and hear what it was like for Felicity Jones to bring her to life onscreen.
- Cassian: The Spy – Diego Luna shares insights into his complex, driven character, who becomes a hero through selflessness, perseverance and passion.
- K-2SO: The Droid – Explore the development of this reprogrammed Imperial droid, from initial pitch and character design through Alan Tudyk’s performance.
- Baze & Chirrut: Guardians of the Whills – Go deeper into the relationship between these two very different characters, with Chinese superstars Jiang Wen and Donnie Yen.
- Bodhi & Saw: The Pilot & The Revolutionary – Forest Whitaker and Riz Ahmed reflect on Saw Gerrera, the broken Rebel leader, and Bodhi Rook, the Imperial pilot who defects.
- The Empire – Meet a dangerous new Imperial adversary…and cross paths once more with the most iconic villain of all time.
- Visions of Hope: The Look of “Rogue One” – The filmmakers describe the challenges and thrills of developing a bold new look for the movie that can fit within the world of the original trilogy.
- The Princess & The Governor – See what it took to bring the vibrant young princess of “Star Wars: A New Hope” – as well as one of her most memorable foes – back to the screen.
- Epilogue: The Story Continues – Filmmakers and cast celebrate Rogue One’s premiere and look forward into the future, to the Star Wars stories yet to be told.
- Rogue Connections – Uncover Easter eggs and film facts hidden throughout the movie that connect “Rogue One” to the Star Wars universe.
* Digital bonus offerings may vary by retailer.
Check out all my Rogue One interviews with the cast here:
- Gareth Edwards (Director)
- Riz Ahmed (Bodhi)
- Ben Mendelsohn (Krennic)
- Donnie Yen (Chirrut)
- Mads Mikkelsen (Galen Erso) & Alan Tudyk (K-2SO)
- Diego Luna (Cassian)
- Felicity Jones (Jyn Erso)
Rogue One will hit stores on Blu-ray & DVD on April 4th!
Like STAR WARS on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/StarWarsMovies
Follow STAR WARS on Twitter: https://twitter.com/starwars
Follow STAR WARS on Instagram: http://instagram.com/StarWarsMovies
Follow STAR WARS on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/starwars
Visit the official ROGUE ONE: A STAR WARS STORY website: http://www.starwars.com/films/rogue-one
#RogueOne | #RogueOneDigital
The opinions expressed here are that of Mama’s Geeky only. While the products in this post were given complimentary (unless otherwise stated) for me to review, that does not alter my opinion of the product(s) mentioned. This post may contain sponsored links and affiliate links.