This Valentine’s Day, consider a boozy homemade twist on Cupid’s most popular sweet – bourbon caramel dark chocolate truffles. Made with David Nicholson Reserve, these truffles are sure to satisfy any sweet tooth.
- 9 oz. 60% dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream (or coconut milk for dairy free)
- 2 tbsp bourbon (such as David Nicholson Reserve)
For Caramel Swirl:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/8 cup water
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp butter
- Cacao powder
- Combine sugar and water for caramel in small saucepan on med. Heat for 10 min (1/4 cup sugar + 1/8 cup water)
- Add 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Simmer 2 min, then add butter and remove caramel from heat
- Chop chocolate into small bits
- In a small saucepan heat 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream to simmer, remove from heat, pour over chopped chocolate in heat safe bowl
- Stir until smooth
- You may use the microwave in 15 second increments for additional melting help if necessary
- Let cool for 2 min and pour in bourbon, mix
- Swirl in about 2/3 of the caramel, marble style.
- Cover and place in fridge to chill for 1 hr
- Scoop out chocolate using a melon baller, roll gently between hands until round
- Coat in cacao or sprinkles by rolling ball on plate
Recipe and photos courtesy of Brynn Houska Breaking Bread XO
The opinions expressed here are that of Mama’s Geeky only. While the products in this post were given complimentary (unless otherwise stated) for me to review, that does not alter my opinion of the product(s) mentioned. This post may contain sponsored links and affiliate links.