As you might already know, I have started doing Nutrisystem again. It helped me lose about 50 lbs a few years ago and it is time to start healthy habits again. On this plan you are allowed what are called Powerfuels and Smartcarbs on top of the Nurtrisystem meals that are sent to you. My husband and I have been coming up with delicious new creations that will count as our Powerfuels and Smartcarbs for the day. As we create hit recipes, I plan to share them here.
Egg salad has always been a favorite in our house, however, the mayonnaise is not very good for you. We decided to come up with a healthier alternative – and it turned out to be amazing! If you are on the Nutrisystem diet, this would count as 1 Powerfuel, 1 Smartcarb, and 1 Extra. If not, this is just a healthy alternative to an egg salad sandwich. Enjoy!
- 1 Hardboiled Egg
- 1/2 Tsp. of Fat Free Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 Diced Black Olive
- 1 Sliced Black Olive
- 4 Banana Pepper Slices
- 1 Piece of Whole Wheat White Toast
- Yellow Mustard Taste
- Salt, Pepper, & Paprika to Taste
- Franks Hot Sauce to Taste (optional)
- Mix egg, yogurt, diced olive, mustard, salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Spread on whole wheat toast.
- Top with sliced olive, banana peppers, and Franks hot sauce (if desired).
Alternative Options: If you are not a fan of olives, try tomatoes. If you are looking for a crunch, try diced celery.