I recently got a box full of goodies from Tastefully Simple. It was their Easter Collection and designed to help you with practically every part of the meal for Easter Dinner. I was so excited to dig in and start baking and cooking. My absolute favorite recipe is the Robin’s Nest Cake. It was really easy even though it looks somewhat daunting. Oh, and it was delicious! While it can be down with any cake or cake mix, here is the Tastefully Simple version:
- 1 package Absolutely Almond Pound Cake Mix
- 1 cup Water
- 1 1/2 sticks of melted butter
- 1/2 cup Rhubarb Strawberry Fruit Spread
- 1 8 oz. package Softened Cream Cheese
- 1 16 oz. container Chocolate Frosting
- 1 bottle Decorative Chocolate Cupcake Icing with Tips
- 1 10 oz. package Robin Egg Candies (I prefer the Cadbury milk chocolate eggs but any will work)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare the Absolutely Almond Pound Cake according to package directions (mix with water and melted butter).
- In Medium bowl, combine cream cheese and Rhubarb Strawberry Fruit Spread.
- Place half the cake batter in a greased Bundt pan.
- Dollop with cream cheese mixture.
- Pour remaining batter in pan.
- Bake 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes in pan.
- Remove from pan and cool completely.
- Frost with chocolate frosting.
- Using the straight drawing tip on the decorative icing, draw lines all over the cake creating the look of a nest.
- Fill center of cake with robin egg candies.
The Tastefully Simple Easter Menu has many other great recipes like Sangria Punch, Flower Fruit Kabobs with Luscious Fruit Dip, Pomegranite Chipotle Ham, Sour Cream Coffee Cake, Cheesy Blossoms, and so much more! You can find all of the recipes HERE.
The opinions expressed here are that of Mama Smith’s only. While the products in this post were given complimentary (unless otherwise stated) for me to review, that does not alter my opinion of the product(s) mentioned. This post may contain sponsored links and affiliate links (which will be stated at the beginning of the post).
The opinions expressed here are that of Mama’s Geeky only. While the products in this post were given complimentary (unless otherwise stated) for me to review, that does not alter my opinion of the product(s) mentioned. This post may contain sponsored links and affiliate links.