Disclosure: Mama Smith’s Review Blog received nothing in exchange for this post. She opted to host a giveaway for her readers instead. All opinions expressed are 100% hers.
I love HALO SleepSacks. I know I have talked about them before. My girls lived in them when they were babies (and they even share a big kid one now that they love!) because they were comforting and made them feel safe. Right now, HALO is running a Safe Sleep from the Start Giveaway over on their Facebook page. You can enter to win a HALO SleepSack Swaddle plus the Bassinet Swivel Sleeper. What an amazing set! I wish I had this bassinet when my girls were babies, it looks incredible. Below are some Safe Sleep Tips for baby – and if you scroll all the way down, you have another chance to win a HALO SleepSack Swaddle (or SleepSack)!
Safe Sleep Tips
- Place baby to sleep on his or her back at naptime and at night time.
- Use a crib that meets current safety standards with a firm mattress that fits snugly and is covered with only a tight-fitting crib sheet.
- Remove all soft bedding and toys from your baby’s sleep area (this includes loose blankets, bumpers, pillows and positioners). The American Academy of Pediatrics suggests using a wearable blanket instead of loose blankets to keep your baby warm.
- Offer a pacifier when putting baby to sleep. If breastfeeding, introduce pacifier after one month or after breastfeeding has been established.
- Breastfeed, if possible, but when finished, put your baby back to sleep in his or her separate safe sleep area alongside your bed.
- Room share, but don’t bed share. Bed sharing can put a child at risk of suffocation.
- Never put your baby to sleep on any soft surface (adult beds, sofas, chairs, water beds, quilts, sheep skins etc.)
- Never dress your baby too warmly for sleep; keep room temperature 68-72 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Never allow anyone to smoke around your baby or take your baby into a room or car where someone has recently smoked.
HALO Innovations is dedicated to putting the health, safety and well-being of babies first. In fact, over 1,400 hospitals use HALO® SleepSack® wearable blankets through the HALO Safer Way to Sleep Initiative. The HALO family of products, including HALO SleepSacks and SleepSack Swaddles, SwaddeSure and the best-selling HALO BassinestTM Swivel Sleeper, help children from newborn to toddler age sleep better and safer.
Enter to win a HALO SleepSack Swaddle of your own using the Gleam form below! CLICK HERE to enter to win the SleepSack + Bassinet directly from HALO. This giveaway is open to US & Canadian residents. Be sure to check out my other giveaways while you are here and GOOD LUCK!
The opinions expressed here are that of Mama’s Geeky only. While the products in this post were given complimentary (unless otherwise stated) for me to review, that does not alter my opinion of the product(s) mentioned. This post may contain sponsored links and affiliate links.